Saturday 13 April 2013

On the bright side

I guess it is easy to be hysterical about the Maggie Thatcher grave-dancing. Yup, definitely is. Perhaps the numbers provide some perspective. Total sales of Ding-Dong, The Witch Is Dead, according to the official charts, are about 20,000. So, total resources dedicated must be, what, £40,000... probably about what Grantham spends every week on cappucinos. Proof that whatever your politics, nastiness and meanness remain unpopular.

I have downloaded a copy of Duke Dumont's Need U (100%), last week's Number 1. I am convinced that this splendid piece of music will give me numberless hours of unadulterated listening pleasure. I hope you will do the same. (iTunes, Amazon.)

Update: yeah, good for you Ken.

2 comments:

  1. Is there a pro-Thatcher song in the competition? Fight fire with fire, wot wot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes there was too and it came in at number 35... and Ding Dong did not hit the top spot.

    OT: Strangely enough, I find this Steve Bell cartoon quite funny and not offensive. (Among many other things, Thatcherism gave us the utterly peerless If....)

    ReplyDelete