Sunday 10 March 2013

Linkage

I made an analogy between online education and film. Alex Tabarrok uses the analogy with recorded music. Andrew Gelman and Bryan Caplan jump in.
Pictures of Syria, before and after. "[T]he greatest that in any form of government can possibly happen to the people in general is scarce sensible, in respect of the miseries and horrible calamities that accompany a civil war..."

Meanwhile, in China:
And as she sees me turn around, she forces me into a conversation about her relationship to my great-aunt. Do you know? Your great-aunt was my class-mate, we got along greatly. When you two were class-mates, I wasn’t even born! That’s what I think, but on the surface, I can only bite the bullet, and at the risk of my ears breeding a silkworm, I have to let her finish....

No comments:

Post a Comment