Saturday 7 April 2007

Sunshine posts on olive-branch-optimism

http://olivebranchoptimism.net/2007/04/06/the-worlds-darkness-cant-blow-my-candle/


"Ok, your questions time: a question I receive a lot asks ” how do you feel about the US presence in your country ? do you want them to stay or leave?”

WELL, 4 years a go I used to feel safe when I see the soldiers in the street, I thought that I will have a free and developed country, that we will live in happiness and will achieve our ambitions. I thought I will have a brighter future and I was so happy that I even bought military clothes and wanted to be a soldier (kid’s dreams!).

Now, when I see a tank I go as far away as possible. When a tank comes the cars go aside, and after they pass we drive as fast as we can so that we don’t get hurt when some one attack the troops. I feel unsafe now. I worry about my family members, relatives and friends. I miss my aunt, I live in a destroyed country full of terrorists, explosions, shootings, and I don’t’ go out as I used to.

I see people I love leaving Iraq, I see my country bleeding and feel I can’t do anything about that, I don’t trust the governments nor the president. I try to keep my spirits high and say all of the darkness in the world can’t blow out my candle, but it is hard. I don’t have an enjoyable life, I miss picnics and fun. I miss the safety and security, I miss a lot of things, I feel like a stranger in my own country.

If the US troops leave, more carnage will happen, they should stay I think and fix my country. But as I say I am too young to talk about policy I might be wrong, that’s just my opinion .."

2 comments:

  1. Greetings David,
    i'm the founder//admin @ the olivebranch network; how did you know Sunshine or her posts? :)

    Luke(y)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Luke, i run blogiraq.net - not that i have done much for the past
    year, I've been rather busy. So I read a lot of iraqi bloggers.

    Cheers,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete